Nominations Committee Charter (View PDF)
NOMINATIONS COMMITTEE CHARTER
Purpose of Committee - The purpose of the Nominations Committee (the "Committee") of the Board of Directors (the "Board") of Crexendo, Inc. (the "Company") is to recommend to the Board the slate of director nominees for election to the Company's Board of Directors and to fill vacancies occurring between annual meetings of the stockholders, and recommend individuals to the Board for nomination as members of the standing committees of the Board (other than this Committee) The Committee shall report to the Board on a regular basis and not less than once a year.
Committee Membership - Except as provided by Nasdaq rule 4350(c)(4), the Committee shall consist solely of "independent directors," i.e. those directors who neither are officers or employees of the Company or its subsidiaries nor have a relationship which, in the opinion of the Board, would interfere with the exercise of independent judgment in carrying out the responsibilities of a director, and who are otherwise "independent" under the rules of the Nasdaq Stock Market, Inc. The members of the Committee shall be appointed by the Board. Members shall serve at the pleasure of the Board and for such term or terms as the Board may determine.
Committee Structure and Operations - The Board shall designate one member of the Committee as its chairperson. The Committee shall meet in person or telephonically at least twice a year and perhaps more frequently, in conjunction with regularly scheduled meetings of the Board at regularly scheduled times and places determined by the Committee chairperson, with further meetings to occur, or actions to be taken by unanimous written consent, when deemed necessary or desirable by the Committee or its chairperson.
Committee Duties and Responsibilities - The following are the duties and responsibilities of the Committee:
- To make recommendations to the Board from time to time as to changes that the Committee believes to be desirable to the size of the Board or any committee thereof.
- To identify individuals believed to be qualified to become Board members, and to recommend the nominees to stand for election as directors at the annual meeting of stockholders or, if applicable, at a special meeting of stockholders. In the case of vacancy in the office of a director (including a vacancy created by an increase in the size of the Board), the Committee shall recommend a nominee to fill such vacancy either through appointment by the Board or through election by stockholders. In [nominating]/ [recommending] candidates, the Committee shall take into consideration such factors as it deems appropriate. These factors may include judgment, skill, diversity, and experience with business and other organizations of comparable size, the interplay of the candidate's experience with the experience of other Board members, and the extent to which the candidate would be a desirable addition to the Board and any committees of the Board. The Committee may consider candidates proposed by management, but is not required to do so.
- To develop and recommend to the Board standards to be applied in making determinations as to the absence of relationships between the Company or its subsidiaries and a director which, in the opinion of the Board, would interfere with the exercise of independent judgment in carrying out the responsibilities of a director.
- In the case of a director nominee to fill a Board vacancy created by an increase in the size of the Board, to make a recommendation to the Board as to the class of directors in which the individual should serve.
- To identify Board members qualified to fill vacancies on any committee of the Board (other than the Committee) and to recommend that the Board appoint the identified member or members to the respective committee. In nominating a candidate for committee membership, the Committee shall take into consideration the factors set forth in the charter of that committee, if any, as well as any other factors it deems appropriate, including without limitation to the consistency of the candidate's experience with the goals of the committee and the interplay of the candidate's experience with the experience of other committee members.
- To perform any other duties or responsibilities expressly delegated to the Committee by the Board from time to time relating to the nomination of Board and committee members.
Delegation to Subcommittee - The Committee may, in its discretion, delegate all or a portion of its duties and responsibilities to a subcommittee of the Committee.
Performance Evaluation - The Committee shall produce and provide to the Board an annual performance evaluation of the Committee, which evaluation shall compare the performance of the Committee with the requirements of this charter. The performance evaluation shall also recommend to the Board any improvements to the Committee's charter deemed necessary or desirable by the Committee. The performance evaluation by the Committee shall be conducted in such manner as the Committee deems appropriate. The report to the Board may take the form of an oral report by the chairperson of the Committee or any other member of the Committee designated by the Committee to make this report.
Resources and Authority of the Committee - The Committee shall have the resources and authority appropriate to discharge its duties and responsibilities, including the authority to select, retain, terminate, and approve the fees and other retention terms of special counsel or other experts or consultants, as it deems appropriate, without seeking approval of the Board or management. With respect to consultants or search firms used to identify director candidates, this authority shall be vested solely in the Committee.